FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Gwen, Luxury Collection, Chicago USA [Master Thread]
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:56 pm
Time traveller

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I am considering a stay at The Gwen for an upcoming trip to Chicago. I have previously stayed at the Westin River North and had a pleasant stay and thought the Club Lounge was fairly nice. My other recent stay was at the Hyatt Regency Chicago and I didn't mind the size of the hotel and they have a decent Club lounge there as well.

I understand The Gwen does not have a lounge and Platinum breakfast is limited to $14 per person or continental. And you have to take two elevators to get to your room. At the same C+P rate as the Westin River North and comparable C+P rates at the Hyatt Regency, I am trying to decide between these three hotels. The Westin and Hyatt both have a good chance at getting an upgrade to a river view room from my limited experience. I am curious what kind of room upgrades are available at The Gwen. Also The Gwen is part of the Luxury Collection, but is it really that much nicer than the Westin River North?