FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott's Customer Service : General Discussion Thread
Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:32 pm
clublounger

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by slidergirl
Most FDAs at *wood are just trained on the basics - check in and check out. Turnover is so high that there isn't much time/use to do more. If you ever have a possible billing issue, don't try to get an FDA to figure it out. Depending on the level of access they have (yes, not all have access to all tools), they may indeed not be able to see how something was charged. As a supervisor awhile ago, I could see things that my FDAs couldn't. Also, when something is past 24 hours, the Front Desk can't do anything - it has to go to Accounting. Don't call the FDA a liar - it may be all they could see. On the CMS system where I work now, I can see things that others also can't - I can see if a CC transaction was a "sale" (i.e. a charge), "authorization" (pending) or "increment" (additional authorization). Nightly, I get guests calling down, asking why they were charged; I look at the transaction report and can see that they were NOT charged, but an authorization.

Just so you know...
I'll tell you what I know, which you don't seem to have grasped from my post - I called the hotel and was told that they cannot see anything about my bill once i've checked out and that she needed to transfer me to a Marriott customer service agent, who turned out to be as useless. They handle billing issues and the agent there insisted one of my charges was only "pending". WRONG! I called back to the hotel and someone there (not accounting, as it was evening and they were closed) had complete access to my bill. AND she is fixing it. I WAS LIED to.

Why you feel the need to defend a lie I cannot comprehend.