FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MIA-Europe-MIA late Aug busn award advice
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:56 am
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
a. "MIA-Europe-MIA" in thread headline
b. by "fees", I meant all charges in addition to taxes

Am hoping those with existing knowledge (no searching needed) can point me in right direction.
For example, MAD suggested as easiest availability, lowest fees-taxes...?
Anyone already know what might be #2 , #3 ...? Thanks.@:-) @:-) @:-)
Apologies, the departure airport wasn't mentioned in your OP text itself, which is what I was reading from when I had a chance to type my post after several interruptions and I didn't recall what the post title said. If you were aware of and including carrier surcharges and fees, then it isn't clear why your post only inquired about cities with the lowest fees/taxes. Where YQ and similar are applied, they can often be a much greater consideration than departure fees and taxes. Just trying to help you out.

You keep saying that you don't want others to do the searching for you, but that seems to be what you're asking for. What searching have you done yourself? We all have our personal knowledge from our experiences but without some effort I doubt anyone can give a rank order as you've requested above. For one thing, as I pointed out, it depends on what program you're redeeming from as well as the choice of carrier. And as far as availability, that is again something you can readily find out yourself from searching on your own in addition to tips from here.

I would add that the advice and tips you received to an almost verbatim query in May on the AA forum still apply, to AA and generally to the other programs & their websites as well.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29739231-post1162.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29748283-post1175.html

Last edited by 84fiero; Jul 22, 2018 at 8:18 am