FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BLR-LAX AA R fare $1450 (one way)
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:47 am
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
BLR-LAX AA R fare $1450 (one way)

Not a crazy good fare, but if you want something more flexible than your run of the mill super discount "I" fare this could be good, also good where I class is sparse and you want to book 3-4 passengers on the same flight as AA is much more generous with the R bucket. I know that at times you can get a roundtrip for roughly this price from India/Sri Lanka to the US, but at times you might not.

About a week ago AA filed a number of R bucket fares from various India cities to LAX, with BLR-LAX seemingly the lowest at just under $1500. But you can find the same fare class for CCU, DEL, HYD, etc
Fare basis is RNE00YN3 and key terms are $150 cancel, $75 change, no HIP exception and 75% child fare.

As for routing rules, it only allows one transfer in area 3, so that limits what you can do. It does have a broader list of permitted carriers beyond OW carriers, but it still can be tough to do anything more than India-HKG-LAX. I did get some routings to work though NRT and then JL metal on the was to LAX. Also looks like you can route through DFW but I think that starts to hit you with an MPM charge and so the fare would be higher.