FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:37 am
jason8612
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by DClass4Me
Reading it again, of course you are right. However no way would I risk testing it!

If I ever do manage to book anything with these Avios, I will treat it as non-refundable even before 1 Dec. I very much doubt they would redeposit the Avios.....

Just another set of datapoints while I'm here:

My existing account, 90K Avios depoited in timely manner at end of promo. No problem for me to price up the BA award I want
Wife's new account. 90k Avios deposited after verifcation/sending in 10 tickets. Can't price up the same award. We've transferred in extra Avios from Amex MR and that hasn't made any difference.Which means I can't book mine as we are travelling together grrrrrr.

It really does seem they have inhibited redemption for partners for new accounts created during promo. Which is not mentioned in any T&Cs, even the ones they retrospectively added when they issued the Avios. Absolute rubbish. Might have to call in to book but can't face it right now.
Same here. I think I'll stay with my current flights and not rebook it.