FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - paid J miles, first segment in Y, no priority?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:24 pm
ashill

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Yes, it's international J. I did try twice between ticketing and now (six months) to get a rep to open space and was denied both times. I didn't want to continuously HUCA and let it go. Domestic F is currently checked in full. ... I'll ask for a MCE empty which is fine if I can get it and I'll ask if I can be on the F list, never hurts to just ask.
My understanding of the rules is that you should leap ahead of all the EXPs seeking complimentary upgrades on the upgrade list and I think above everyone seeking upgrades with SWUs or miles/copay, so you’ll likely be pretty high on the upgrade list. The only people above you on the list would be those in your situation — paid for first (with miles or cash) but confirmed (not standby) in coach — with higher status. I would make sure that you are high on the upgrade list. Check with the check in agent and/or the agents in the Admirals Club (if your originating airport has one).