FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - kudos to AC for helping make a VERY short connection at YVR
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:51 pm
bpratt

Programs: United Platinum
kudos to AC for helping make a VERY short connection at YVR

My wife's flight yesterday from PDX to YVR was delayed almost an hour. She landed at 12:23pm in Vancouver and her flight to Paris was scheduled to depart at 12:45. With some running and a very quick passport control she made it to the gate at 12:38. The gate agent was specifically waiting for her, kept her J seat open, and got her on the plane. Before closing the doors one of the ramp crew even came up to let her know that her bags had made it, describing them to make sure they were the right ones.

I'd already called AC and had her booked on a 6pm departure connecting thru Munich on the assumption she wouldn't be able to make the connection, so great work all around by AC to make sure she and her bags all made it to Paris this morning instead of 12 hours later.

Too often we only talk about the problems, and I'm as guilty as anyone, so I wanted to give the AC YVR team kudos for getting everything right here!

Bob