FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MIA-Europe-MIA late Aug busn award advice
Old Jul 19, 18, 11:29 am
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer View Post
what low fees low taxes European cities often have (2) busn award availability?
hoping experts with existing knowledge might advise & point me in right direction;
not expecting others to do searching for me... thanks in advance! :-: :-: :-: my miles:

42,066 AAdvantage
355,232 AAdvantage -wife
142,110 BA Avios
32,501 BA Avios wife
10,045 Lufthansa
517 Frontier
55,507 Southwest
52,000 Southwest wife
238,235 Delta Skymiles
~145K Delta Skymiles wife
100,504 United expires 10/18
~50K USAirways --> AA wife
From what US city are you departing?

WN miles won't do anything for you to Europe directly, except if you need a positioning flight to get between home and an arrival/departure point in the US (which can be important).

Airport taxes/fees are one thing and then you have "carrier surcharges" to consider - those are levied in some situations and not others depending on the program and/or carrier(s) involved, so it depends not just on the route but on carrier and FFP parameters. Availability is ever-changing so it's not so easy to have a fixed list.

BA metal flights will attract substantial carrier surcharges whether redeeming with AA or BA currencies for example. Departures from the UK will generally incur hefty APD fees. Your best bet is really to just search around for what's out there with the applicable programs. For programs like AA with "aanytime" or "standard" award levels, you can still use those results to see what the taxes and fees would be - as the cash component would be the same even if you found "saver" award levels.