FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which card(s) to use for high spend or large purchases? [Consolidated]
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:18 am
Coinguy

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Starwood,Delta, Ritz,
Originally Posted by mdcubsfan
After reading through many threads and posts, I figure with the Marriott Starwood changes this is what I'll do going forward - please chime in if anyone has any better ideas....

Main spending cards for personal and business have always been the AMEX Starwood personal and business, for over 20 and 10 years respectively.

Will keep Starwood personal just for the free night and for nostalgia. Thinking of cancelling the Starwood business (don't see a reason to keep it)
Thinking of getting AMEX Starwood Luxury and hitting 75K spend to get platinum status for the year and so I can effectively use my stash of starwood points to get upgrades, etc.

Will apply for new Chase Sapphire Reserve and Chase Ink Business Unlimited and put all of my spending on these cards.

Already have a decent stash of Starwood points but no UR points, so will start to use those UR points to expand hotel options when we travel.

Thoughts?
Why not get the Ritz Carlton and more free nights plus same auto Platinum for a year over the Amex Spg reserve? Seems to me Chase has Amex beat across the board. I cancelled my Amex plat for CSR for everyday charges. SPG for Chase Ritz and added the Amex Delta reserve for 40,000 mqm in year one after 60k spend.