FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same day confirmed change no longer proactively offered?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:08 pm
RobOnLI
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by wcj1
This is not true, or no longer true.

I was flying July 4 DFW-ORD-BDL and CPU had cleared on both segments, so I was in RN. I wanted to fly DFW-IAD-BDL, but it was G0, which is the class I had originally booked. However, when I went to Sameday change, it offered me DFW-IAD-BDL, because RN was available and automatically cleared me into F into both.

I noticed this on another recent trip where I had cleared with a CPU, but my economy class was available. The system wouldn't offer it to me as a sameday change, but I had to call in to get it.
Actually, it is true.

You are the recipient of awful UA IT. They started processing golds and lower in "RN" for CPU but never closed the loop where the SDC process only looks for "RN" on flights to SDC to. For the rest of us "higher" elites (Plat/1K/GS) who still upgrade into "R" we're still forced to SDC to our original ticketed class.

UA needs to fix this bug immediately. If anything they should be offering SDC to the upgraded cabin for the higher elites but I don't think that's their intent either. This is equivalent to GS who upgrade to "PN" and only need "PN" class open when looking for SDC options.

-RM