FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Christmas in or around Germany, Austria, France et al.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:45 pm
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by aleksir
Since OP never replied, I'll try to steal this thread :-)

We are looking at Dec 14-24 DFW-TXL. Our goal is relaxation, visiting Berlin, Christmas Markets & Holiday Festivities. I'm thinking 9 nights is long for just Berlin so am looking for suggestions for an easy getaway for a couple of nights. Air is Oneworld. Hotels are SPG/Marriott. Nürnberg is a suggestion we'll look into. I also noticed Prague is close and we've never been to the Czech Republic, but my wife isn't necessarily comfortable with 'eastern europe'.

Thanks for all suggestions!
You could easily spend two weeks in Berlin and not get bored, but I get what you're saying.

"Air is Oneworld" - not sure what that means, but but if you are set on flying only OW airlines you'll have to fly to London on BA from TXL. That's about it.

What makes your wife uncomfortable with 'eastern Europe'? Prage is more-or-less directly south of Berlin, an easy drive of three hours. Beautiful and well worth seeing. You may also wish to visit Dresden (train), or Munich (train or flight) for a couple of days. Maybe a romantic Bavarian mountain inn?