FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX DL Sky Clubs Terminals 2 & 3 -The Definitive Thread
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:52 pm
Gig103

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by davistev
Wow! What a sad state Delta is in when they can sell a premium product and provide little in return. I usually fly Alaska / Qantas but decided to give Delta a try since the fare was $1200 cheaper.

i am travelling on a Delta One D class ticket between Seattle and Sydney. Delta's Seattle lounge is actually not bad and the soup and salad is on par with what Alaska offers in Seattle. The flight down to Seattle did not have a meal service but bananas and packaged snacks were offered. This was a mid afternoon flight so it maybe a timing issue.

However, T2 Sky Club pales in comparison to the LAX Qantas lounge. I was surprised to see the same soup and salad combination on offer during dinner time. I feel like I lived out of a soup kitchen all day. That said ' the paper plates were of the highest quality.
How hard is it to offer a hot meal before boarding the evening international flights? I was actually expecting a truely global 5 star experience at the LAX GATEWAY. Why do Americans put up with such mediocre offerings?

Oh well - next up is the older 777 to Sydney. The Delta crew are ok but the seats have no matress and no pajamas.

I have learned my lesson. I have just booked next month's flight to Seattle on Qantas / Alaska Airlines. It will be a long time before I try Delta again.
Not to sound like an apologist, but it was a $1200 cheaper fare; you do get what you pay for. Delta's SkyClub offerings will continue to lag until they create a separate business-class lounge - there are so many avenues to Skyclub access that to offer QANTAS (or Polaris, or Flagship) levels of space and food would raise the prices. Until Flagship came out, the Admiral's Club in T4 was just as lame as Skyclub. But honestly as I am trying Skyteam, across the board I've found their lounges lag from Oneworld.

Last edited by Gig103; Jul 18, 2018 at 3:56 pm Reason: Forgot we were talking LAX, amended to stay on topic