FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR {Archive}
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:25 pm
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by dangerhsun
When you walked in, did they take your MileagePlus number? If you were not a 1K, do you think you would have been able to enter?

Would someone flying another airline, with no United status be allowed? If so, it takes a little bit away from the prestige of it!

I'm eating there for the first time this Sunday. This is my second year as Global Services... I wonder, do they distinguish between a GS and other customers? I think it would be nice if they did something special for their top-revenue customers
Originally Posted by Madone59
Server said "I've really enjoyed talking to you, you travel a lot, if you'd like I will introduce you to the manager so he can put your contact information on the list and you can join us any time you want."

I perceived that, and the mangers confirmation as an invitation. Don't you?
Based on my experience: I got an invite via e-mail, went to the website, but it says I'm not eligible. Added MP account to allow promotional e-mail, waited a couple of days, and was able to make reservation on the website.

The one time I did a walk in, they confirmed and looked up that I had a reservation in the past and allowed me to enter that way. I am guessing that's what the manager is doing - adding contact info to the database, so you can walk in anytime without reservation. Similar to CRM function within OpenTable.