FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:02 am
jckl

Originally Posted by l380
I am quite impressed with the presentation and the variety of options available!
If you read carefully, they are the same current items, just placed differently in the menu and dressed up.
Ok, a literal handful of them are new. But still the same protein-veg-carb dinner, YCL dim-sums/western egg breakfast.
The 'char siu noodle' is easily a dish served in all 4 classes on the same flight, I've seen it in Y.
Soup that used to be in a mug is finally in a bowl though.

Now that the hot snacks can be ordered as a main, they can load less of the proper main courses. I bet they'll load 70% main courses 1-3, up the snacks to make up the 30%.
You also don't get a side salad anymore, I assume garlic bread will also be gone replaced with the 'loaf'.
There will inevitably be fewer hot snacks lying around mid flight.
And the cheek of them listing out the snack basket offerings to pad out the menu.

I'll give them credit with the breakfast card though, it's rather chic.
But, instead of having cereal and yogurt with hot breakfast as of now, you are to choose either or.
Chinese breakfast also don't get bread/pastry.

So second meal is where they cut cost, together with loading fewer main courses and subtly limiting breakfast drinks choices.
There is ultimately fewer food items served per pax if you think about it.