FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Lloyds Upgrade Voucher - Avios.com or BA
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:13 pm
altyrocket

Programs: UA, BAEC, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver.
Hi,

My recent experience of booking flights using the Lloyds voucher.

First off I rang Avios to determine the process for the above. Avios agent advised they could not make the booking as they were closing, told to ring BAEC to book. Rang BAEC, agent advised that they would make the booking, no problem, but needed the voucher number. Checked my Avios account, voucher did not seem to have a number attached to it.

Next recalled Avios to seek to voucher number. Advised not to use BAEC to make booking as they cannot apply voucher. Also queried about possibly opening an Avios HHA, told it was not possible to open one, there was apparently a work around if you needed a "ghost" Avios HHA. At his point I was not ready to make the booking (2 x Passengers in J).

When I had all my details ready I moved half the required Avios from each of our individual BAEC accounts to our individual Avios accounts.(We have a BAEC HHA.) Note that the total avios was the total of two seats in PE and two seats in J. Rang Avios, got a great agent who was on the ball straight away. She understood that there was a workaround for the Avios HHA issue, and quickly made the booking, applying the voucher as she processed the booking. It was painless, she even got us on a earlier connection out of LHR on the return journey.

Last edited by altyrocket; Jul 17, 2018 at 4:17 pm Reason: spelling