FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Reward Club at Kimpton Hotels Experiences (2018)
Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:58 pm
alibra

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Diamond Elite
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia (07/14/18-07/15/2018)

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire Ambassador with Kimpton Karma Rewards

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very pleased.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I booked a Queen-Queen Deluxe Room on points. I received an upgrade to a Parkview Queen-Queen on the 9th floor upon checking in at 1pm.

How are the rooms? Very Clean and up to Kimpton boutique standards.

[If you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity?
I was in town celebrating a birthday, so the front desk agent sent up a 750 ML bottle of La Marca Prosecco with 4 gourmet chocolate truffles and two gourmet cupcakes, along with a handwritten note.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? I did not raid it. I was going to use it at the bar and forgot. The front desk agent even asked if I was sure I didn't want to use it at the bar before checking out.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive? N/A

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? I did not use it. There were lots of in room services to choose from though.

What was good and what was bad? This is the first time I cannot think of a single thing that the hotel could improve upon. Every single staff interaction was top notch. Sean, the Parking Valet, greeted us with a smile and made sure we did not have to touch a single bag. The Bellhop took time to sincerely see if he could assist us with any local plans upon checking in, and he also took care of us at checkout and filled us in on a parking discount at Reading Terminal. The front desk agent made the secret social media password exchange fun, even if it was just $15.00 credit off our bill. For staying on points, they completely spoiled us, allowing us to check into an upgraded room at 1pm and they offered a late checkout at 1pm the following day. The front desk agent ran over and addressed me specifically by my name as I was waiting in line to checkout as to how my friend enjoyed her birthday gift (the Prosecco, chocolates, and cupcakes). I was very impressed that 24 hours later she remembered my name. Keep in mind that all staff continued to treat us like gold, despite the fact that I called down to the front desk to take advantage of Kimpton's policy of providing "Forgotten items". We ordered up to our room: 5 extra pillows, two blankets, 2 toothbrushes, toothpaste, stain remover, lint remover, nail file, tweezers, lip balm, men's and women's deodorant, shaving cream, and extra Q-tips.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? This is a superb Value for 55,000 point redemption. I prefer the personalized and very attentive treatment received here, when compared to the consistently lackluster Ambassador Treatment that I am accustomed to when I stay at the Intercontinental Times Square NYC on points, which is now 70,000 and very lackluster in service and amenities compared to my experience with the Kimpton Monaco Philadelphia. I will definitely be back to this Kimpton property and quite frankly will probably be choosing girls' weekends in Philly as opposed to NYC from now on because of the amazing treatment we received.

Our large bag of "forgotten" items

Welcome Amenity consisting of Prosecco, Truffles, and Cupcakes with handwritten note identifying birthday girl by name.