FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Targetted 10,000 MR points when spending $500+ at Hilton?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:52 am
acarney

Targetted 10,000 MR points when spending $500+ at Hilton?

A couple days ago I redeemed a "earn 10,000 MR points after spending $600+ via AmexTravel" offer. I got that offer by making a ~$950 Hilton stay for late October. I booked a refundable rate via AmexTravel because I wasn't 100% sure of my travel plans but the offer was about to expire. Like three or four days later I got an email saying my platinum card was eligible for a 10,000 MR point bonus when spending $500+ at Hilton "now" through 10/15/18. Now that doesn't cover my travel dates... but it mentions you can hit this spend with more when one transaction and Hilton does have pre-paid rates.... sooo....

It turns out I need to adjust my travel dates by a couple days, which means I need to cancel the AmexTravel Hilton booking. I'm sad I'll miss out on 10k MR points, BUT, maybe I can score the 10k again by just rebooking a pre-paid rate via this Amex Hilton Offer? My question is, does anyone know if this is connected to having already booked a Hilton stay? If I cancel my Amex Travel booking, do you think my card will no longer be eligible for this second offer? Nowhere in the email does it state anything like "Because you recently booked a Hilton stay you qualify for another bonus!" or anything, in fact, these terms seem super lose compared to most Amex offers...

To redeem this offer, you must click "Book Now". Offer is available from 7/15/18 until 10/15/18. You must satisfy the spending threshold between the date you redeem this offer and 10/15/18. You may satisfy the spending threshold with more than one transaction. Points will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 8-12 weeks after Hilton purchase(s) appears on your monthly billing statement.
Terms and Conditions
To redeem this offer, you must click "Book Now". Offer is available from 7/15/18 until 10/15/18. You must satisfy the spending threshold between the date you redeem this offer and 10/15/18. You may satisfy the spending threshold with more than one transaction. Points will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 8-12 weeks after Hilton purchase(s) appears on your monthly billing statement.Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.

The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo.
That's literally all the terms say... so I mean I guess this could even be good on buying Hilton gift cards? Anyone else see this offer or have experience with it?