FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:14 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 07L 25R
I'm just guessing a lot of people (myself included) are misusing this particular thread and "TP runs" are being mixed up with premium fare "deals" in that we are trying to get to a particular destination at a particular time for purposes other than accumulating TPs. Unfortunately, unless you are truly flexible with dates and perhaps destination, it is quite difficult to find proper TP run-worthy deals to many parts of Asia...
There has always been a lot of overlap with various other threads, and in the reference posts I note the other threads folks may be interested in:

Other FT threads/boards to watch & external sites
The TP run thread is often a place where good fares are posted aimed at good TP earning. However, it isn’t the only place on FT where such fares are discussed. Here are some other threads/boards you may wish to subscribe to which all relate to good fares.

I don't think it can be avoided as some fares can be a mixture of a sale and a good TP run. I would certainly recommend that people subsribe to a few of the threads above and don't try and rely on one only.

It goes without saying that I am grateful to those FT'ers who post on this thread the TP runs they find

Btw in terms of TP runs around Asia MH should be your starting point as they usually have very keen fares in J.