FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Travel Collection
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:44 pm
Gig103

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by JHake10
Just enrolled now. There is no way this model can scale. You have to call to enroll and after making an on line account you realize no rates are published. I called back to get a price on a sample United flight. While all the reps are nice, they put you on hold for a few minutes just to pull up basic airfare.

UA.com
11/10/2018 - 11/17/2018
SJC-EWR
1,033.40 RT (P fare)

TheTravelCollection
11/10/2018 - 11/17/2018
SJC-EWR
3,458.81 RT (first quote was a refundable ticket option)
I asked for the cheapest first class fare and was put on hold for another 5 minutes ...
1,033.41 RT

Wasted 10 minutes and their flights turns out to be a penny more I also assume booking with this agency wouldn't count for 5x airfare on the personal platinum since its not "direct with the airline". Seems like another fake benefit.
I'm wary just because, from the list of brands, they include "Crucon", and the one time I looked at them, I didn't like that they charged a cancellation fee in addition to whatever the cruise line did. I'll stick to Costco Travel and get my 2% executive rebate and 3% cash back (I'd only get 1x MR on my Plat card for a cruise).