FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR to Sheraton Times Square
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:29 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
If you've never done it before, download Juno just prior to your trip. Their standard signup bonus is 30% off NYC rides for the first two weeks. You can have someone refer you so they can get a discount too...if there are NYC people here, I'll let one of them do it. (Wouldn't do me any good for several months.)

Juno is an NYC-focused ridesharing platform that requires drivers to first have a high rating and experience on Lyft or Uber. Thus, the cars and drivers all tend to be quite good. I assume the hook for them is that Juno takes less commission. Tipping is in the app, similar to Lyft/Uber.

I usually use Lyft all over NYC when I'm there for work, but saved my Juno signup for a leisure trip. Saved quite a bit of money on the airport rides and uptown/downtown rides. I did not experience unusually long wait times or odd surge activity - the base rate (from which the 30% is calculated) was similar to Lyft/Uber.

Assuming family of 4 means two kids and not a huge ton of luggage. If so, a basic Juno would work with one adult riding shotgun and the kids + one adult in back.