FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Online Check In and Room Upgrades" thread
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:13 am
BThumme

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I see the upgrade offered via OLCI in 80% of my stay, latest being last week-end. I stay in HGI, DT and Hilton in Europe. I always OLCI the morning of arrival, not the day before.
[QUOTE=tkelvin69;29971869]
Originally Posted by BThumme
Anyone having better luck recently? And where/what types of hotels are you staying at? .[/QUOTE

If I wait until the day of check-in I would say about 60-70% have upgraded the reservation and allows for that room choice. If the hotel has a message option you can always select a room and then enquire about an upgrade.
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
In Canada, even though not required, I regularly get upgrades at Hampton, Doubletree and Hilton Garden Inn. Not much experience in US with these brands but have got upgrades at Hampton.
Well, I opted to not check in the day before like usual for both stays, and both times I was offered upgrades to something other then a high floor. So it seems for now on, I will not check in the day before. Thanks for sharing your experiences.