FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Africa- Uganda, South Africa trip help
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:09 pm
WombatCA

Africa- Uganda, South Africa trip help

We're planning a trip to Africa for August 2019. Our main goal is to see animals. I could use some advice about how to allocate our time and what things to prioritize. We are planning to spend 3 to 3.5 weeks there.

Currently, I'm thinking that we fly using the united excursionist perk with stopovers. I'd like to break up the flight there and home with a long stopover somewhere in the middle. If there are suggestions on best places to stopover for a day or two that would be great (flying from SAN).

Thinking we'll fly into Kigali in Rwanda. Spend a couple of days there and then drive across the border to Uganda to trek mountain gorillas in Bwindi. Then want to spend several more days in Uganda (need advice on best places to go). We do want to whitewater raft on the Nile in Jinja.

Then fly out of Entebbe to South Africa (probably Jo'burg). Drive to Kruger and spend some days there (how many?). Will probably spend some days at the Protea Kruger Gate and then 2 or 3 days at a more luxurious lodge inside the park. We'd like to end up in Cape Town but need suggestions on what to do in between.

Obviously, the itinerary is pretty vague still. If anyone has experience and can give advice I'd appreciate it. Planning to spend 3 to 3.5 weeks there. Thanks in advance!!!