FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions about 55 night Globalist Qualification
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:24 pm
serfty
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
I spoke to a My Hyatt Concierge about this just now.
He said that upon re-qualifying with 55 nights this year I would receive the suite upgrades and the Cat 1-7 certificate, BUT that access to My Hyatt Concierge is a separate, 60-night requirement that I needed to stay the full 60 nights if I wanted to continue to receive.

Is this consistent/inconsistent with what others have heard now in 2018?
No, and certainly inconsistent with the T&C's. Maybe they are hoping for a decreased workload.

It was clear from the fine print of T&C's, which note how to achieve/re-achieve Globalist status and the benefits available upon achieving/re-achieving globalist status.

However the "MEMBER BENEFITS" page causes confusion because it does not refer to 55 night Globalist, just those of 60 nights and simply listing benefits available for them.

To get to the actuality, see World of Hyatt | Terms and Conditions

Section V.(o)
.... Members who have earned Globalist status by satisfying the Base Point accrual requirement or the Tier-Qualifying Night requirement (and have not received Globalist status through other means) will also have access to a dedicated agent, the My Hyatt Concierge. ...