FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Latest innovations in travel loyalty and brand partnerships
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:44 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I like the growing number of brand partnerships like Delta-Lyft and United-Marriott.
Seems for every partnership gained, another is lost. I hate the dwindling number of brand partnerships like Delta-Starwood. (I have no need for Lyft, so it's not a substitute for me for the loss of a hotel partnership by Delta.)

And as another example of it being more semi-balanced loss and gain rather than total gain, Choice added a way to earn a small number of miles with certain airlines in addition to points on stays, but that's only after Hilton totally got rid of all of its options for earning miles from stays.

And what sort of "innovation" is it that every hotel seems to want to make its normal website the mobile wobsite (with everything way too huge on a normal computer)? That's being cheap (wanting to maintain only one website instead of a separate desktop and separate mobile website) rather than "innovative" IMHO.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 15, 2018 at 6:52 pm