FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Remind me not to fly CX out of ORD again
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:45 pm
Always Flyin

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I am flying ORD to HKG in a few weeks on a Thursday. Originating at ORD and hand baggage only.

So I should check-in on-line, go through TSA in T3, use the Flagship Lounge in T3, and then go over to T5 for the CX flight?

Assuming I have all that right, it is an airside transfer from T3 to T5 on a bus that leaves from different gates in T3, but there is a mid-day break so the driver can go to lunch (but no one seems certain of the times)?

Per https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/myf...s/default.aspx

International Connections

The International Terminal 5 is not connected to the domestic terminals and is accessible via the Airport Transit System (ATS)​. If you arrive on a domestic flight and must connect to an international flight, you have two options: 1.) you can take the ATS and pass through the security checkpoint in Terminal 5 or 2.) you can take a Terminal Transfer Bus (TTB) from Terminal 3 to Terminal 5 and bypass the security checkpoint in Terminal 5. The Terminal Transfer Bus service is year round with operation hours as follows: 10:00 am - 8:30 pm. If you are arrivng into the domestic terminals and need to collect your luggage (exit the security side of the airport) and recheck in T5, you will not be able to use this service. Terminal Transfer Bus (TTB) Terminal 3 Pickup Locations
  • Gate G17
  • Gate K20
  • Gate L24
If you arrive at O'Hare on an international flight and have a connecting domestic flight, you will arrive at Terminal 5 and will need to take the ATS to the domestic terminals. You will need to clear security again at the domestic terminals. ​
Thx.

Last edited by Always Flyin; Jul 15, 2018 at 5:05 pm