FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Visitors" in F
Thread: "Visitors" in F
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2018, 12:10 pm
frontenac551

"Visitors" in F

I flew NBO-ZRH the other day (flight stops in DAR, but those continuing to ZRH don't get off). When I got on, there were four adults in F who appeared to be traveling together and had obviously not gotten on in NBO (so were traveling ZRH to DAR). None of this is unusual (or a problem). However, they had three children who were traveling in J (at least, I assume J, definitely not F) who joined them in F while boarding finished. Two of the boys tried to stay for take-off (in the companion seats) but were sent back to their seats. Once the seatbelt sign was off, all three were back again, though only the two boys stayed (I'd guess that they were about 10 and 12).

Is "visiting" allowed on Swiss in F (from J or Y)? I was curious about any official rules (and/or unofficial applications of any rules). It was only for the short NBO-DAR leg, so really not a big deal, but I was curious (seems like it shouldn't be allowed). And I realise that it makes me sound like a snobbish/pretentious jerk.

The DAR-ZRH only had three of us in F and was super quiet. First time in F on Swiss and was very impressed.