FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Gold security fast track MAN?
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:38 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Now I'm not one who normally defends MAN security, but I've found several times recently that Fast Track can be very fast. I suspect it is down to the time you arrive, I'm usually on either the 09:45 or the 12:00 flights and for 9 out of 10 of my most recent flights I've either walked straight to a tray or have been number one in the queue. Only once (recently) have I been in a queue, and that was a wait of about 5 minutes.

The attitude of some staff (and many frequent flyers) leaves much to be desired, that said there are some very nice staff who are pleasant and get on with their job. Quite a number of bags do get sent to secondary, often because of liquids. As in all EU airports, a selection of bags are randomly selected to be swabbed for explosives. This can take some time given the number of bags sent to secondary.
fully agreed. Whilst I completely relate some of my experiences to why so many here complain, I’ve had plenty of others - especially off peak - which have been super swift. I personally find the MAN staff less unpleasant than many at LHR and the experience often less aggravating than LHR T5 transit. Hit and miss best describes it for T3 and a lot more hit than miss in the other two terminals.