FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No mileage accrual to AC AE when ticketed on UA flight into R class at purchase?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:05 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsloan
I think that's going to be a problem, because the original receipt likely shows R. OP mentioned that the pax was able to apply a GPU during the booking process.

UA needs to tell Aeroplan that the underlying fare class was W before Aeroplan is likely to credit anything.
UA won’t really tell Aeroplan anything. Aeroplan is the one who will need to make the request to UA, based on a request from the OPs friend (traveler). Then UA can tell them, I suppose. But if the credit is going to Aeroplan, UA won’t help directly - Aeroplan is the entity to go through.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I don't see how this is going to get resolved except thru AE. UA will not deal with you about crediting issue to AE, only AE can handle post credit to their plan.
Perhaps this would be better in the AC / AE forum.
both of these points are correct. As I said above, only Aeroplan (as the program one wants credit to) will handle this - they’ll need to confirm with UA, but UA isn’t the correct place to ask.

If Aeroplan is refusing to credit, and OPs friend can’t get it resolved through them, perhaps it may be an option to credit to MP? Obviously, not ideal, but they should at a minimum credit it properly.

Originally Posted by maple
Ditto. And I was truly disappointed with the 1K desk's response. Not angry disappointed but sad disappointed.
Not sure why the 1K desk is involved. They are completely irrelevant if your friend is trying to credit to Aeroplan. And doubly so if they aren’t 1K.