Old Jul 13, 18, 3:26 pm
benjahman

Sorry it's taken me 10 months to revisit and finish this report. And so it continues:

We left Carmel and drove north to Monterey for breakfast. We stopped at the Monterey Wharf and had breakfast at Loulou's Griddle in the Middle. They seem to be known for their hubcap sized pancake. All in all, a nice stop on the way to SFO.

Breakfast burrito

Continued on to SFO, dropped the rental car off, train to terminal and found our way to the JetBlue Mint check in.

Some plane spotting along the way to the gate

Had access to the Air France/KLM lounge via PriorityPass
Glad I didn't bring the wife and daughter. It was terribly crowded and hot.

Boarding from Gate A12 for our flight to JFK

Nice welcome note from our FAs. We both selected row 2 suites. Thinking that it would be great to close the door while our daughter sleeps, however, she refused to sleep the whole flight and we ended up passing her back and forth across the aisle. Not ideal but we survived.

Great legroom was the only pro of these seats. These Thompson Aero Vantage seats are cushioned by an airbag. Not sure if the airbag was broken but this seat was terribly uncomfortable. I could not find any angle that worked for me and the cushioning was horrible.

Service was excellent. Menu has some great options and the food was by far the best domestic catering available.

Pork adobo was fantastic.

All in all, JetBlue Mint is a nice offering for a transcon route, however, I would not want to spend more than 6 hours on those air cushioned seats. I feel like AA/DL have more comfortable options, albeit I'd be sacrificing catering.

Another great trip with the family in the books. We have a trip to Manila planned for August via DL J, OZ F, EY J, all with our almost 2 year old. This should be fun. Till next time FT.