FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone do the Orlando Marriott timeshare promo @ $199?
Old Jul 10, 2004, 6:49 pm
Kaiserin

Originally Posted by CraigS
It is strange they are putting you up in a hotel and not the property they want you to invest in (unless its not built yet)... very strange.. I have never seen it done that way. I would also insist on staying there-
The one she was promoting was Horizons ... it's approx. 3 years old (according to a google search!). She said it was targeted towards families ... to be honest, I would have zero interest in staying there, but only because we don't have children ... and I'm not interested in buying a timeshare, so going through the presentation should be fairly easy.

And, oddly enough ... I've never been through a presentation where I got to stay on the property ... I've only been through pitches where I stayed a hotel in the area... I probably don't make enough $$ to qualify for an actual "stay on the property" deal. :-)

I went ahead and agreed to it .. it required a $99 deposit, with $100 due when we select a date ... it'll be cheaper to do this than have a paid stay at the Courtyard airport location the next time we go see family, I suppose!

Thanks for the feedback!