FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No mobile boarding passes from YLW or YYJ
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:09 pm
D582

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by ashill
Through April, I routinely got mobile boarding passes for departures from YLW/Kelowna. (After the Trump administration-mandated security questions started early this year, the security contractors would do their quiz at the gate and put the sticker on my passport before boarding.) The last two times I've checked in, I've had to go to a kiosk. Today, I got the message "You are all checked in for your flight. For security reasons, you'll need to get your boarding pass at an airport kiosk." both through the web and the app. I don't think it's SSSS; it wasn't last time (out of YYJ/Victoria). I asked Alaska about it on Twitter, and they said

This adds about 15 minutes to the time I need to allot at the airport, both because the entrance from the parking lot is right by security but it's a 3 minute walk each way from there to the ticket counter and the check-in lines can be a bit long. (At YYJ, the kiosks were disabled because you had to wait in line to talk to the security contractors; the kiosks were outside the area roped off for the questioning.) Obviously not a huge deal -- YLW is still a very convenient airport -- but frustrating and, as far as I can tell, unnecessary.

Has anyone else gotten a mobile or web boarding pass recently out of these airports? Presumably it's Canadian airports without US Customs preclearance.
Originally Posted by obnoxoid
Wasn't able to get a mobile boarding pass from YVR recently, and that airport has preclearance. Working off iOS if that helps.
Originally Posted by missamo80
YYC doesn't support mobile boarding passes either.

Neil
This seems like an AS-specific problem. I fly Air Canada between Canada and US all the time and have no issues getting mobile boarding passes, or using check-in kiosks. They also do not ask any additional 'security questions'.