FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:01 am
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by bhrubin

@C17PSGR see that a reason to not bother pursuing Ambassador status, and I respect that.
I'm not sure I'd describe myself as pursuing or not pursuing Ambassador status (which I have). I'll hit 100 actual nights in late August or early September (these are actual nights, not credit for meetings or multiple rooms) and will easily meet the spend requirement. None of this is from pursuing or not pursuing ... just the ordinary course of work and fun travel. So I'll certainly continue to have an Ambassador

I know there are those occasional Aloft stays in Asia for under $100 and many hotels in middle America are under $200, but I actually think most people who spend 100 nights will meet the requirement although we don't know exactly what will count.

I knew many of the senior SPG execs (great people with a great vision!) but don't think that has benefited me. Marriott has a friend of Bill status/code ... Five Star/X5 ... but while I've met Bill and used to have his office number, I never received X5 status.