FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - India joins US Global Entry programme.
View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:56 am
Rohitp

I had applied in August 2017 and completed my police verification in early Sept. Finally after numerous status requests, i got to know it was arrived from MoFand HMO in last week of June. The status wasn't updated in the passport portal but got the update through Twitter by tweeting to Mumbai rpo with the details.
As soon as conditional approval was done, I looked up for the appointment at SFO and it was in September. Did a walk in at SFO after couple of days and got final approval after about an hour wait.
I'm assuming when this started, everyone in govt were clueless on what needs to be done and trying to figure it out. Hence such a long time of almost a year for most folks in getting the approvals. It should hopefully be reduced to few months now.
Those who received it, enjoy quicker immigration entry when traveling to the US.
Those still waiting for the approval, keep following up on your status update, preferably through social media. Twitter worked for me by tagging MoF, MEA, HMO and passportseva authorities. Good luck!!