FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EY Charging for most Y seat allocations from 15th July!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:58 pm
ss1710

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite, EY Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by kelix
the bring back caviar in F then charge Y PAX fees to pick seats further out.. and don't even have waivers for status holders within Etihad guest

will all travellers on the same PNR at least be assigned seats together?
Originally Posted by Dubh
I confirmed on Twitter with them that no matter what tier you are, everyone is paying for seat selection. This is a dreadfully poor move by EY.

Honestly that is ridiculous lol. There have been quite a few times that I am always a little bit glad that EY still offered free seat selection in Y, as compared to EK, thinking I would hate if I could not pick my seat if I wasn't an elite. EY did a wonderful job of 'enhancing' that for me.

It seems you just need to hope that when you go to pick seats 24 hours out, you need to be lucky in getting two (or more) seats together. Either that or relying on the kindness of strangers/check-in agents later on to make things work. I figure this is going to be a pain for families traveling together, especially those with younger children!