FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview or Marriott Gateway
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:16 pm
MarkP24

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs down Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel and Spa Review- Decrepit, Dirty, & Rude Staff

bloodstained sheet (original room)

Dirty toilet (original room)

Dirty and old sink drain (second room)

Bathroom (and rest of the room) in desperate need of a paint job

room needs a paint job
We recently stayed at the Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel and Spa.

When we arrived at the hotel, we waited for the valet for close to 10 minutes until I asked a valet if he would be willing to take my keys and he nastily responded that everyone was busy although there were 2 valets standing around and chatting. When I pointed out that there were 2 valets chatting, he muttered to one of them to assist us.

We arrived in the room category we booked (no upgrade offered to this Marriott Gold member, although there were rooms on higher floors available...) to find a bloodstained duvet, toilet with feces on it, garbage in the pails from a previous guest, and the previous guest's open bar of soap sitting on the cracked soap dish.

I called down to have the sheets changed, and the maid eventually came up, didn't apologize, didn't have the correct bedding, and asked me if I really needed the entire bedding changed over or just some of it. I told her to do whatever she felt appropriate.

I went down to the front desk, explained the situation, showed the pictures of the room with the bloodstained sheet, dirty toilet, unemptied garbage pail..., and the manager said she could put us in a similar room. While I didn't want to stay in this rundown "hotel", I couldn't find an alternative, and my family was waiting....

We took the second room, same room type (Fallsview Executive Suite), and while the toilets weren't dirty and the sheets didn't have stains, the room was dusty, rundown, and in desperate need of a paint job.

Neither room had a safe which I don;t believe I've ever seen at a hotel before. They also didn't have a club lounge although it was advertised in the email I received when booking. Although Gold and Platinum members receive breakfast for 2, it's not the same as a lounge which offers snacks and drinks throughout the day.

Although the manager took a paltry sum off my bill due to the inconvenience of a filthy room, and having to switch rooms with my family after we had started unpacking, as I booked and paid for an executive suite with a Fallsview, the amount was borderline insulting. They also didn't remove the "Amenity Fee" although I had asked them to and hadn't availed myself of the services (water and some coupons...).

My family and I are still reeling from this experience in a motel like environment (although hopefully motels clean their linens and bathrooms, empty their garages, and paint their rooms every few decades....).