FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2 miles/EUR spent or 10% off on booking.com?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:06 pm
East_and_West

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by LacMajeur
I agree, I don't think someone here would pay 2600€ plus taxes for a one-way ticket to Bangkok.

If we follow TPG's valuations, a return J ticket (110'000 miles) is worth 1300€ plus taxes. That's actually what I'm willing to pay for such a ticket.

(And a "good deal" would be 1000€: https://www.fly4free.com/flight-deal...ts-to-bangkok/ )
That right, of course I wouldn't pay 2600 euro (around SEK 24000 at that point) for an one-way holiday trip. I just used that as an example to show that the exact exchange rate between miles and euro may depend on the individual case, person, and contingency. I wouldn't certainly value 1000 miles at 100 euro, but putting them into good use can definitely make them worth 25, 30 or 35 euro...

TG was the only carrier flying directly to Thailand that offered proper J seats and service, and miles came in handy exactly because we were not willing to pay 2x 24000 kronor for our tickets