FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: AC8 HKG-YVR blocked seats roll 19-24 77WHD
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:24 am
canopus27

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ksyung
My friend and I (E25k) booked FLEX fare on AC8 and have access to roll 19-24. My mom (no status), however on a separate reservation, with FLEX fare, does not. Does anyone know if the rolls will be release at check in (T-24)? Is there a way to pay and select a seat for her? I just wanted to secure 19J for her. Thank you.
If it's your mom, then I would phone in and simply ask to have her moved next to you. Air Canada has a cleverly confusing mix of three special seat types in economy .... Preferred, Premium, and Priority. Only the first two types require an additional fee, but the seat you're looking at is neither of those, it's "just" Priority. The Priority seats are simply saved for people with status (so that last minute purchases don't force frequent flyers to always sit at the back of the plane). Thus, if you call in they should be able to move your mom next to you, and only the normal seat selection fees should apply (depending on your mom's fare type; zero in many cases, some dollars in others ). As your mom has a Flex fare, which includes seat selection, it should be free to move her.