FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Marriott [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:47 pm
manico

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
It seems like the old LAX hotels are finally getting spruced up, possibly spurred on by the recent construction/conversion of a couple of properties on Century and more planned in the next few years. Previously, I always stayed at the Renn because they were good about giving lounge access sometimes during quieter periods to even "lowly" Silvers. I also enjoyed their lounge with it's view of the runway and the quieter downstairs where the computers were. Now they have renovated but unfortunately I haven't been able to check out the new lounge (minus the bottom floor bus. center which I was told is gone) because I've stayed on weekends when it's closed. The room renovation wasn't that great at the Ren nor was it great at the Marriott but considering how dingy and old the rooms at the Marriott were, it is an improvement (much brighter and lighter but I feel the rooms are much smaller now).

I actually much prefer the M lounge at the Marriott----I like the idea of checking who enters during prime times as I think it helps to cut back from people bringing in their friends, cousins and countrymen. I like the open space and views and the bar in the middle if you want to purchase a drink (almost all hotel lounges except one at LAX charge for alcohol). The food offerings were quite nice when I stayed there-----much smaller portions but nicer quality. The reusable water bottle station is a nice idea too for those concerned about the environment. The Sheraton also has a nice lounge with newer furniture and a "larger" food offering (1 hot item and sandwiches) so that's also a good alternative.