FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baby Cot in F 747
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:42 am
newyorklondon

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
I know I’ll likely get vilified for saying this, but personally I don’t think there’s a place for infants in an F or J cabin. Between the possible disruption they may cause when someone has paid thousands of pounds so they can sleep on a flight and the fact that copious amounts of alcohol are being served, I personally don’t think it’s a good environment for a very small child.

I flew back from Chicago in J 2 years ago and a mother & father with 2 toddlers were also onboard. Both spent the entire overnight flight screaming with the father walking around the cabin trying to settle them as the mother ignored it. The crew were clearly exasperated but said nothing. The remainder of the business cabin were furious.

Im aware some airlines (MH?) limit children from their premium cabins, for me more airlines should be brave enough to take this step

Just my 2c
Screaming babies are definitely annoying, but remember those are the ones that tend to get noticed and written about on forums such as this. There are many, many instances of quiet babies and infants in premium cabins, who simply go unnoticed.

Keep in mind that the parents might also have paid thousands of pounds, and would also quite like a quiet night. And let's not forget that the infant has been charged a fee too.

Personally, the most disruption to passengers and alarm caused to CC I've experienced in BA F has been from rowdy, inebriated adults. Give me the screaming infant over them anytime!