FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Deals" Forums - Preventing Members from Misposting
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:08 pm
Pat89339
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Just imagine how many emails (posts, RBPs, and RSS feeds) the volunteer MODs get!

If if I had a wishlist of things to fix in the Mileage Run Forum, they would be:

1. Duplicate posting of the same post. OPs have indicated that it is the website causing the problem by freezing on them, so they click on post new thread again and both get posted.
2. Fare Mapping/Unable to Book posts, usually Air France where the fare is not bookable. The problem is usually Google Flights showing it as a First Class Fare. This is the #1 complaint from members.

The number of Fare Requests are minimal compared to the above.
As as for another sticky. No one reads them on the Mileage Run Forum. Believe me.

I have have often thought of posting a sticky in a colored font saying DO NOT POST FARE REQUESTS but realize the futility. Most people posting in the forum are in a hurry to post before the deal is gone and are unlikely to read anything before doing so. It is a forum where time is of the essence.

Originally Posted by IBobi
How often does it happen? And...why?
If I had to venture a guess, it is less than 2-3 times a month and more frequently in the Premium Fare subforum than in the Deals forum.

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forum.

Last edited by Pat89339; Jul 9, 2018 at 8:13 pm