FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgraded to CE then ignored for meal service...
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:37 pm
cheshirepete

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
The vastly polar opposite experience with BA CE, especially domestic, astounds me it is allowed to be so inconsistent in its delivery. I travel the Manchester route weekly, and every week the service is delivered differently at every level. From the niceties of just getting a Gold welcome( or not) to the efficiency of pulling the cart up the 6 rows and back in the 20 minutes, to whether you get a hot or cold towel, or even a choice of towels in the current weather! But you know on this route I’m just after the tier points, so do a lot of grinning and just bear it.

Last week I did a last minute change from LHR to the Thursday LCY flight to MAN. Yeah great food choice but the CSM purposefully avoided any eye contact or awareness of her cabin. (I was in Row 1) just totally switched off. But then I realised afterwards she was probably not looking forward to her onward flight to Ibiza after we landed. She was counting the retained champagne bottles at one point, not so sure why for an Ibiza flight. Why bother turning up for work at all with that mentality.