FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2018
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:35 am
cschmae

IC Milwaukee, Wisconsin

What is your IHG Status?
Gold Ambassador

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Bed Deluxe room, was upgraded to King Bed Executive Room on the top (10th) floor. That's a one category upgrade as expected, the executive room is basically a junior suite with a sitting area in front with couches and another TV.

How are the rooms?
They are comparable to similarly priced rooms in Milwaukee, frankly almost every room in the city feels dated and worn to me.

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge.

What was good and what was bad?
Really good benefits for Ambassador. They made a big deal out of it at check-in, I got the upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, 1 free breakfast and 2 free drinks at the bar. While all of that would have been enough, at check-in they noted that my welcome amenity was in the room already. I got there and there were two bottles of water and a tray of snacks that I know from previous stays to normally be the mini-bar here. However, this time there was no price list, so I thought maybe they offer a free mini-bar as the amenity? It is normally very reasonably priced so I didn't bother verifying. Looking at the bill, it seems that two items are free, and then they charge. Fair, but would have been nice to have some explanation or sign up front.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
I paid about $125 for one night, which is a bit high, but Milwaukee hotel inventory is very sensitive to demand and varies widely in price from day to day.

Last edited by cschmae; Jul 9, 2018 at 8:36 am Reason: Typos