FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Venice Mestre - [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:27 am
travelista

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Quick, comfortable stay

Originally Posted by NotJustDreaming
We’re well into a year long RTW trip and stayed at Venice Mestre toward the end of November for three nights. We had two rooms, one upgraded to a suite as a Platinum benefit. Breakfast was excellent and well worth giving up our welcome points. They particpate in MAGC.

The Mestre Ospendale station (NOT the main Mestre station) is an easy five minute walk (tops) from the hotel. The trains from Ospendale to Venice proper run frequently and only take 19 minutes. The hotel gave us print outs of the train and bus schedule. Easy peasy. Check out the Trenitalia website at Trenitalia.com

I would definitely stay at the Four Points Mestre for a return visit. We went into Venice each day with ease. But then enjoyed cheaper evening meals and accommodations at the Four Points. We didn’t even have to pay those aggravating City tourist fees.

Oh, and it is right near a shopping mall with a grocery store. Loved the hotel and location!
Notjustdreaming's review is spot on.

We just returned also from a 3-night stay. Having been to Venice before, we were not planning on spending much time there but rather exploring more of Veneto & Friuili Venezia-Guilia.
I had emailed the hotel ahead of our trip, to inform them of an early arrival due to aircraft changes (thanks Air France strike), stay for our anniversary, and to ask about the parking situation. (And maybe a nudge w my email signature that I'm SPG Lifetime Platinum.)
They had kindly upgraded us to a "Deluxe Room" on the 7th SPG floor - I think there's 9 floors. Also we chose the Plat Breakfast option, which was a decent buffet, and they had a nice note card congratulating us on our anniversary w a bottle of red wine in the room.
I asked about Suite upgrades, but the FDA stated that they suite wasn't available all 3 nights. (I believe i saw on their website they have 8 suites.). So of course, I checked the app once we got in the room and they had a few suites available to book - BUT... we weren't planning on spending much time at the hotel anyways, so I just let it go. - - Also the deluxe room was very comfortable, large enough and the AC worked great! Fridge in the room too.
We also rented a car - and parking was very easy. Sure you could pay $10/day for parking, but we just left ours outside and never had any issues. (Plus I paid extra Super Insurance w Hertz, so i figured if something happened i was covered anyways.)
Michela was friendly at check-in, and Nicola was extremely friendly at 3:30am check-out.
The hotel was perfect for our purposes, would gladly stay here again.
Ve Mestre Ospedale train station is truly 5min walk away.
Auchan grocery store and a mall is the same - 5min away.
And a great pizza place close by too - Rossopomoro.
Service was friendly in the hotel bar, we had a drink - but I didn't find too much food-wise I was tempted w on the menu. We ate off-site, and then enjoyed our own bottle of wine in the courtyard area.
Also we used points - 3,000 pts for 2 of the nights and 4,000 for a Thurs night stay.