FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:11 am
ICanFly!

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum (6 MM)
Originally Posted by nader
Chargebacks are still very much a reality for the group of people who never received the Avios nor received an email offering a refund (like myself.) This could change over the next few days as I'm sure Iberia is going through a massive backlog of emails/claims.

That being said, I have zero idea how successful a chargeback claim would be.
You would first have to dispute the charges and then claim a chargeback if you do not get a response. The airline is selling tickets under their contract of carriage. You entered into a contract to be transported from City A to City B at a particular date and time. You can insist that you only purchased those tickets to participate in a promotion and submit a mountain of emails, twitter screenshots, blog posts, etc. to support your claim. You may or may not prevail. But the credit card issuer could well look at ten chargebacks and flag you as a problematic customer and simply close your account. A chargeback is an action of last resort following a dispute resolution process - and it costs time and money for all involved. If a card issuer believe it's being abused, they will act.