FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Helsinki Strand {FIN}
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:59 pm
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Abidjan
When I was there in February, never asked (or was told) about the restaurant breakfast option (as Diamond). No matter, every morning, I had the entire lounge to myself for breakfast. Sat in the far room, with a great view. My room was your normal set-up, not the configuration currently being discussed. Upon arrival at the main train station, walked to the hotel. Not that difficult, even though it was 2 Farenheit. Metro is right there and I used it often. Overall stay was great. Great evening spread in the lounge. Liked the snacks on offer during the day. Would/will gladly return.
1) 2 degrees F is pretty darn cold for that long of a walk, with the last portion being crossing the (frozen) "river" on the windy bridge. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone who's not used to the cold and wearing layers..
2) I've read many reports on this thread about the EL evening spread offerings. I haven't been back for awhile, but with my wife and I not being fans of onions, nor "creamy" sauces (mayo and the like) we rarely found anything that met favorably with our challenged tastes.
3) Agree that is a really nice property and you can really get some great deals there when not in height of the season.