FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:21 pm
mrvincent

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by rje444
My wife and I just received the dreaded “inconsistencies” email from Iberia.

But what is especially incredible in the email is Iberia’s claim they found a SECOND Iberia Plus account for both my wife and myself!

I know that is not true because I keep meticulous records of all accounts open, and handle them for my wife, too. And we’ve only been married for a few years, so it is not like I forgot about a very old account. Plus she has never opened any accounts with any airline in her entire life. Before we married she had not been out of the US for 25 years!

So the only explanation I can think of is that they are inventing second accounts for us so that they have an excuse to deny the Avios. But how can I possibly prove the negative – that we don’t have second accounts?
Not sure if this has already been said somewhere, but surely just use a Subject Access Request to get all personal information that they have on you. See what data is in the "duplicate" account. If they provide it, you have a defence to work from. If they don't... we'll it's obviously not YOUR data, so you have a defence to work from!