FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA: LHR-CPT First £2025pp return (2 pax)
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:57 pm
lloydje33

Programs: FB Gold, Hilton Diamond, some others as well
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Re: the OW Sapphire / BA Silver status: you can access the Cathay lounge, just not the First section to my understanding. It's still excellent though: long dimsum bar, lots of space, manned bar, plus self service food and drinks.
I'd actually recommend that you do a little T3 lounge tour. Your status allows that Cathay lounge (best food/comfort), the Qantas lounge next door (good gin selection, but it's typically dead until the Sydney flight passengers are there), the BA First lounge due to your ticket (er, there's Champs and there is to-order dining... but it is, let's say, average). You could go into the AA lounge too, but it's **** so only worth it if you're genuinely curious to see how behind the curve American is (one drink token pp and no proper food).
Allow yourself 3-4 hours airside to dabble between them all. Each is a 90 second walk from the next. Settle on your fave (I'm calling Cathay) and set up shop there. There's no gate call though (except in BA lounge, as it's a BA flight) so prepare for an up-to-20min walk, set an alarm reminder, and be promptly there for boarding so you can enjoy your seat.
Have fun!
​​​​​​
You can access the first class section of the CX lounge assuming that you have the BA F ticket to CPT? With your BA F boarding pass you can access all the OW F lounges in T3 so its only the CX and BA lounge since Qantas didn't have a first section.