FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott's Customer Service : General Discussion Thread
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:06 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Post-Merger Customer Support: Has Marriott issued any statement about this?

As we all know, Marriott customer service is a raging garbage fire right now. Those of us who have stayed with Marriott for 20 years know that throughout most of its history, this has not been the case. Regardless of your elite tier, you could phone Marriott when you needed to make or change a reservation, redeem a Travel Package, get support for a problem, whatever. They have historically been pretty good.

My question is: has Marriott publicly acknowledged that this is a huge problem right now, and have they given any indication that fixing it will be a post-merger priority? Theoretically, they'd have a combined support team that should immediately make *some* things better (as SPG is not an equally huge mess right now), but it seems more systemic than that. It's not like people redeeming Travel Packages or asking questions about the merger are solely responsible for breaking the entire system.

I don't expect to have reasons to call Marriott after the merger, but if I do I'd like to know that it will be possible. Right now, it is not except for issues so extreme and critical that I'm willing to wait on hold for a long time.