FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No support when hotel leaves and you hold reservation?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 8:34 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by dcstudent
We're not talking 20 years ago. We're talking 2-3 (and possibly even now, just haven't experienced a deflag in a couple years). I apologize that I expected some customer service when it's high travel season and I'm notified less than a month before my reservation that the hotel won't honor it.
I also had an experience several years back where a hotel (the then FCU FI IIRC) was deflagged shortly before my one night points stay was to take place and it was a very different experience from those posted here and on the other recent thread where someone had this issue. Marriott and the hotel handled the deflagging much better a few years ago. It's sad to hear so many people are now having bad experiences.

BTW, back then Marriott said they would honor the points reservation. When I checked in, the front desk clerk told me the manager wanted to speak to me. She took me into the breakfast area and explained it was not worth what the hotel needed to do to get paid by Marriott so they were just going to comp my room for the night. The points were redeposited into my account.

Last edited by CJKatl; Jul 7, 2018 at 8:39 am