FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:27 am
kauppias

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by olindacat
Getting quoted $350 per meeting plus fees all-in at $470/shot at same prop another poster here said they got for $33! Boy do I feel like a loser. I'm told (by sales mgr) that no meeting space, in OC, is less than $250 + fees so finding $100 is apparently a steal if you don't know the ropes, which I do not. What a dope. Sitting here holed up in a FPS here in CT with my wife and dog miserable just trying to get our 500 done for SPG LTP. Just learned about this and to get to LTPP is $10K ou of pocket. Boy I never saw this nightmare coming.... Tried sourcing meeting rooms in the $100 range here in the NE area (canvassed on phone all day to no avail) and resorted to the CA property noted up-thread but apparently they see sucker written all over my forehead. Yeeeesh.

Hard to day for sure but I suspect that MANY of the lower cost properties are being inundated with these meetings and might very well be that they only have larger meetings rooms left on many meetings. Especially if they are mentioned here on this thread

I know my go to hotel has seen a HUGE increase of meetings to the point the mmeeting coordinator seems VERY stressed out 😟

I FOUND 100$ meetings at only 3 OC hotels when I looked but now with a few weeks of confirmed meetings left (before possible rumored devaluation/change) they might be hard to find!